“Strength Through Unity”
The mission of New Hanover High School is to strive to provide all students with an exemplary education that will prepare them to be college- and/or career-ready high school graduates and socially responsible adults.
New Hanover High School will become a place where students are motivated to be in class, on task, every day.
· Accountability: to one another for our efforts, actions, and students
· Consistency: in our instruction, communication, procedures, support, feedback, focus, and follow through
· Community: to be a place where people actively strive to support one another in everything we do; to find more opportunities to come together as a village
· Presence: physical and mental; to be in school, in our classrooms and hallways; to be focused and in the moment
· Rigor: to maintain academic standards and classroom expectations that challenge and engage students, grow professionals, and improve academic success
· Respect/Trust: for/in one another, our processes, concerns and needs, community and core values
· Vision: of what our students, staff and school can accomplish, with these values in place